Thursday, July 28, 2011

Rediscovering Pizza Express

I live in Wanchai. There is always a Pizza Express near me. I have been to both branches in Wanchai countless times and there's a period when I didn't want to go anymore. Then a few days ago, as I was wandering around aimlessly I walked pass the one on Ship Street and decided to go in for a long lunch by myself. The food has always been quite good, but I really enjoyed the service that day. As I told the waitress I wanted a table for one, she seated me in a quiet corner couch-seat (important - I didn't want my bottom on wooden chair for my relax day off long lunch). She cheerfully introduced herself, showed me the lunch menu, took my order and left me alone. I was playing with my iPhone while waiting; and when I looked up, there's my iced coffee along with a copy of "HK Magazine". That's thoughtful! Lunch was served quickly. The portion was bigger than I could handle (no problem, I tried my best). When I almost finished everything (while reading the mag) the same thoughtful waitress quietly put the dessert menu and toothpicks on my table. I couldn't eat anymore (though I would love the cake sampler) so I asked for the bill. Miss Nice Waitress asked me how was the food. I said excellent. I was so happy I filled in a customer survey for her voluntarily. 90 minutes lunch, less than $150, not bad :)

My coffee and my magazine

Appetizer: Stuffed mushroom with grill cheese and pesto

Main: Green salad; garlic bread; basil, olives, carpers and anchovies  spaghetti

No comments:

Post a Comment